CBD Shopping Guide 2023: Which Type of CBD Bud Shops near me Me Should You Buy?
CBD bud shops near me is one of the many active compounds found in the cannabis plant. It interacts with your body’s endocannabinoid system, which helps maintain a state of balance.Aside from the fact that it’s unlikely to cause a “high” feeling like tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) does, CBD’s popularity stems from the fact that it may offer a number of health benefits.
Though research is still in its infancy, preliminary studies suggest that its potential benefits include:
- Pain relief from various conditions
- Better sleep
- relief from anxiety disorders Trusted Sources
- intervention for certain types of addiction Trusted Sources
The Food and Drug Administartion (FDA) Trusted source recognizes the potential benefits of CBD, but the agency is quick to note that more research is needed. At this time, there’s only one FDA-approved prescription CBD medication. It’s for the treatment of a severe form of epilepsy.
That means any over-the-counter (OTC) CBD product you choose to purchase and use isn’t regulated by the FDA in the same way as an OTC vitamin or supplement.
On occasion, the FDA does send warning letters Trusted Sources to companies making false claims about the efficacy or scope of their CBD products. It’s up to the consumer to ensure they’re carefully vetting a CBD company and their products when they shop.
How we chose the best CBD products
We chose these products based on criteria we think are good indicators of safety, quality, and transparency. Each product in this article:
- It is made by a company that provides proof of third-party testing by an ISO 17025-compliant lab.
- It is made with U.S.-grown hemp.
- It contains no more than 0.3% THC, according to the certificate of analysis (COA) .
- passes tests for pesticides, heavy metals, and molds, according to the COA.
As a part of our selection process, we also considered:
- the company’s certifications and manufacturing processes
- product potency
- overall ingredients
- indicators of user trust and brand reputation, such as:
- customer reviews
- If the company has been subject to an FDA .
- If the company makes any unsupported health claims
CBD products are available in three forms:
Full-spectrum CBD: This type of CBD retains all components of the cannabis plant, including a small amount of THC. While federally legal full-spectrum CBD products have less than 0.3% THC, it’s important to know that THC is still present in full-spectrum products.
Broad-spectrum CBD: This version has all components of the cannabis plant. Broad-spectrum CBD may contain trace amounts of THC.
CBD isolate: This form is pure CBD bud shops near me, with no other compounds from the cannabis plant. Even if you choose broad-spectrum CBD or CBD isolate, there’s still a chance it could contain trace amounts of THC, which could show up on a drug test.
How to shop for CBD
You can find many CBD products online and in some stores. But this does not mean they are all from reputable companies and are safe or effective for use. Here’s how to shop for CBD.
- Check the COA: A current and comprehensive COA is a sign that a product is third-party tested by an outside laboratory. COAs are often found via a QR code directly on the product label or the product website.At a minimum, make sure to check the cannabinoid potency and see if the amount of CBD and THC advertised matches what the lab found. Also check whether the product passes tests for contaminants, including heavy metals, and mold.
- Check for FDA warning letters or lawsuits: A quick search online will tell you if a particular CBD company has received any FDA warning letters or if they’re involved in any lawsuits.Reputable CBD companies also include an FDA disclosure on their website that notes their products aren’t intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
o Check the brand’s reputation and customer reviews: What are customers saying on the website and on third-party review platforms? If you want to use CBD for a particular purpose, you may want to scan reviews from people similar to you and see what they have to say.